Two separate issues this week have apparently left IDS & co ‘Furious‘ and ‘incandescent‘ and rather then cover what has been brilliantly summarised by Nick at Ilegal.org. I suggest you visit the site.
The events leading to these outbursts also left me outraged and in my capacity as a qualified Counsellor, I decided to attempt a cathartic exercise and consider just what would happen if IDS was a client.
Case Notes – Client IDS/07/07/14 Session – 1.
IDS is experiencing frequent and severe Anger episodes; his job causes him to justify himself and respond to questions, it is on these occasions he experiences these outbursts. (Video evidence is plentiful). He is responsible for managing vital projects with major outcomes for the recipients, and he believes those affected require punishment rather than reward to engage
I am concerned on several levels:
– the frequency of the episodes are putting his physical health at risk – Dr Elizabeth Mostofsky, from Harvard School of Public Health, “Although the risk of experiencing an acute cardiovascular event with any single outburst of anger is relatively low, the risk can accumulate for people with frequent episodes of anger“.
– it is damaging his professional relationships; the anger results in him making statements that cannot be quantified (in deed there is evidence many of these statements are false). He displays a tendency to enter into Rationalization and character assassination when challenged. (Is he a Bully?)
– the manner he delivers these statements is further harming relationships with colleagues, (he is prone to sarcasm and appears to suffer from denial when challenging with facts)
When probed IDS appears to believe what he says (supporting the early suggestion of denial) he refuses to accept all evidence to the contrary outright (the anger manifests immediately). He maintains people affected by his work are at fault for requiring his services and is determined to penalise them into submission. (this ‘belief’ suggests attributional anger)
Conclusion – Given his position (and video evidence) I wonder if IDS is a Narcissist, (although currently incapable of empathy); his persistent denial of facts and subsequent distortion of truth (supported by the well documented ‘creation” of his cv) raises the question of him being a pathological liar ?
IDS displays 5 of the 8 characteristics of Antisocial Personality Disorder:
- Unstable interpersonal relationships.
- Disregard for the consequences of their behaviour.
- A failure to learn from experience.
- A disregard for the feelings of others.
which leads me to the opinion – Referral to Psychiatry as a matter of urgency.
If this post resonates with you – Join the TRUTH Campaign Today – #NOWPetition #ImpeachDWP